Sunday, March 16, 2014

Back at it

So I'm finally back at school from spring break, which I'm actually excited about. As much as I love home I always end up missing school too. Life is dull without my roommates constantly being around. There is never a dull moment in my room. Being back also means I can get back on board with my fitness. Over break I only ran twice, which is nothing. Tonight I am going to get back to it and get re-motivated.

Some exciting news on that front is that I just joined a new gym! It's called Tuff Girl Fitness. All of the Tuff Girl classes are all girls, and very focused on metabolic training. I tried it out the week before spring break and fell in love and decided to treat myself to a class pack with my tax return money.

However, seeing as you pay per class I won't be going there more than once or twice a week in order to conserve my classes. I will still be utilizing my campus fitness center. At my school, the gym is tiny so you have to go at an odd time to get some breathing room, but I still love it. The elliptical has become my best friend over the winter, because treadmills kill my knees.

My usual elliptical workout is actually a program on my machine. I do the weight loss program. It consists of...
  • Four minutes at incline 4 and resistance 3
  • Four minutes at incline 10 and resistance 8
I usually have to repeat the program because it only goes for 28 minutes, and I stay on the elliptical for about 40-45 minutes depending on the day. I have found these intervals to be the best option for me!

Here's a little motivation I say goodbye!
Only took 36 years to figure out, dont wait as long as i did!!

Have an amazing rest of your (hopefully) relaxing Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Interval training is definitely the way to go! x

    Jodie
    www.alajode.com

    ReplyDelete